The Shaman’s Path Women Shamanism, Spirituality and Healing Plants
with Rocio Alarcon and Rosemary Gladstar
August 29th ~ 31st, 2014
We invite you to join us for this special opportunity to study with two powerful wise woman shaman/healers, Rocio Alarcon and Rosemary Gladstar. This workshop will provide the opportunity to deepen your connection to the earth, plants and your own inherent healing power. Amidst powerful teachings that flow direct from the heart, there will be the opportunity to participate in ceremonies that help connect us to Mother Earth and our ancestors. Sage Mountain, a beautiful mountain retreat center located in Central Vermont, is the perfect place to host this workshop, because the nature spirits here are so strong and so willing to work with us.
- Rocio Alarcon (Ecuador) ~ A deeply compassionate healer and spiritual teacher, Rocio is loved and respected by all who know her. Rocio received her teachings from her mother, grandmother and shamans of the Amazonian Rainforest and Andes of Ecuador. She was a founding member of EcoCiencia, Ecuador’s leading ecological organization, and worked for over 20 years as an ethnobotanist in the tropical rainforests of South America. Rocio is currently living in England where she received her diploma in Holistic Therapies and continues to travel, teach and inspire.
Rosemary Gladstar ~ Rosemary has been loving, learning and teaching about herbs for over 35 years. An herbalist, author and educator whose passion abounds with the beauty and power of the green world, Rosemary has fondly been dubbed the ‘godmother of modern day herbalism’. A founding member of United Plant Savers, Rosemary is deeply involved in medicinal plant conservation and hopes to ‘help plant the future’ of American herbalism by ensuring that the plants that our traditions are based on are here for future generations of plant lovers.
Some of the topics that we will cover during the weekend:
- Plants and Shamanism: practical activities in our daily life
- Using Herbs in Spiritual Healing & Massage
- Connecting with Mother Nature
- Women as a Garden of Flowers
- Sacred bathing & Medicine Plants
- Women and Shamanism
- Sacred Uses of Plants; harvesting and using them for ceremony
- Herbs, Midwifery, and the Sacred
Oh, Great Spirit, I am the woman
Walking in the fields collecting plants to heal the people.
I give thanks to the spirit of this plant
And I have faith with all my heart
That these plants will heal the sickness of the people.
Great Spirit, Amen
~ Belizean Harvesting Prayer
- $295 includes camping (limited indoor space available), all activities and 6 catered meals (Friday dinner through Sunday Lunch).
- Registration begins at 3 p.m. on Friday, with the opening circle and ceremony starting at 5:00.
- Program concludes at 4 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
- A $100 non refundable/non transferable deposit is required to reserve your place.
- The remaining tuition of $195 is due by July 1st.
- Directions and Further Information will be sent upon receipt of deposit.
Sage Mountain, P.O. Box 420, E. Barre, VT 05649; 802.479-9825802.479-9825
sage @ sagemountain.com